Several guests presented at the two-day Annual Meeting including Rep. Mike Vereb (R-Montgomery) who provided a Pennsylvania legislative update. Paul Gatza, Director of the Brewers Association, delivered a Raw Materials presentation and announced that the 2016 Craft Brewers Conference will be held in Philadelphia PA. J.B. Shireman, Vice President of the Beverage Intelligence Group for First Beverage Group, presented on the history of craft beer and modern operational challenges.
Technical presentations were delivered by Brian Gregg Esq. of McNees Wallace & Nurick (Trademark Traps), Brad Turner of Hub City Mobile (Brewers of PA Mobile App), Scott Grimes of the Donaldson Corporation (Brewery Filtration), Andrew Enders of Enders Insurance and Associates (A Toast to Coverage) and Scott Ebert of Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Market Overview, Cash Planning & Tax Incentives).
In addition to discussing legislative priorities and reviewing 2014, the Brewers of Pennsylvania announced plans for Meeting of the Malts IV (April 2015) and a 1stAnnual Mid Atlantic Craft Brewers Symposium to be held in conjunction with Oktoberfest (October 2015) in Bethlehem PA. Brewery members were also encouraged to participate in BOP affiliated festivals including PA Flavor, Philly Bierfest and Artsquest Oktoberfest.
The BOP Brewery Members-only Legal Conference Call Schedule was also listed:
- March 3, 10:00 AM
- June 2, 10:00 AM
- September 1, 10:00 AM
- December 1, 10:00 AM
- Scott Smith, East End Brewing Company (Pittsburgh PA), was elected to his first term on the board of directors.
- Bill Covaleski, Victory Brewing Company (Downington, PA), was re-elected to a third term on the board of directors. Bill will continue to serve in the role of President of the BOP.
- Dave Casinelli, D.G. Yuengling and Son (Pottsville, PA), was re-elected to a third term on the board of directors. Dave will continue to serve in the role of Treasurer of the BOP.
- Chris Trogner, Troegs Brewing Company (Hershey, PA), was re-elected to a third term on the board of directors. Chris will continue to serve in the role of Secretary of the BOP.
- Artie Tafoya of Appalachian Brewing Company (Harrisburg, PA), Tom Kehoe of Yards Brewing Company (Philadelphia, PA) and Damaian Malfara of Old Forge Brewing Company (Danville, PA) were all re-elected to a third term on the board of directors.
- Jessica Paar, Samuel Adams (Breinigsvile, PA), and Bob McCafferty of North Country Brewing Company (Slippery Rock, PA) both continue their roles in two-year terms.
- Brad Turner of Hub City Mobile
- Brian Gregg Esq. of McNees Wallace & Nurick
- Chris Stief of Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Scott Grimes of Donaldson Compressed Air and Process Filtration
- Andrew Enders of Enders Insurance Associates
- Scott Ebert of Baker Tilly Virchow Krause