Comprised of ambitious entrepreneurs and legacy manufacturers, our seemingly disparate group was galvanized by ill-conceived legislation in 2010 that would have undermined our access to market and, therefore, threatened our very existence.
A Senate Law & Justice Committee hearing regarding the proposed legislation on January 26, 2010 found Yuengling and The Lion Brewery, the remaining members of the Pennsylvania Brewers Association, coordinated with Appalachian, Troegs and Victory, all members of the PA Brewer’s Guild formed in 1996, in providing insight and testimony to the Senators.
December 2010 found just over a dozen Pennsylvania breweries convening at Victory Brewing Company for meetings that would mark the foundation of Brewers Of Pennsylvania.
In the service of Pennsylvania consumers and the brewing industry, Brewers Of Pennsylvania members have provided testimony for two PA House Liquor Control Committee hearings as well as the Senate Law & Justice Committee hearing previously mentioned, in the organization’s short existence.
- Brewers of Pennsylvania Announce 2012 Board of Directors
- Victory Brewing Company Merits 2014 Sustainable Agriculture Business Leadership Award
- BOP Hosts 1st Annual “Meeting of the Malts” Featuring Three Legendary American Brewers
- Brewers of PA Launch Enthusiast Membership Program
- Oktoberfest Presented by Yuengling Adds New Brewers’ Village & Beer Tastings
- Pennsylvania Scores a “Brewers Dozen + 2” at Great American Beer Festival
- Meeting of the Malts III: The Pittsburgh Brewers Summit
- Brewers of Pennsylvania Announces 2015 Board of Directors
- BOP Response to PLCB Legal Advisory Opinion
- BOP Launches Mobile Beer Trail App
- Google Street View Photographers Partner With Brewers of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Eight Are Great @ GABF 2015
- BOP to Host First-Ever Brewers Symposium
- BOP Board of Directors Welcomes Two New Members
- 5 Craft Beer Trends to Look for in 2016
- 5 Statewide Breweries Sourcing Local in Support of a Truly Sustainable Pint
- 3 Recent Legislative Leeways That Pennsylvania Brewers Should Know About
- Five Steps to Protect Craft Beer and Spirits from False Advertising Claims
- Dick Yuengling, Jim Koch & Ken Grossman Headline Meeting of the Malts V
- Pennsylvania Craft Brewing: How We’re Thriving and Continuing to Grow
- Why You Can’t Miss Meeting of the Malts V
- 7 New Pennsylvania Breweries You Need to Know
- Alternatives to Hops
- Meeting of the Malts V – Cheers to a Record Turnout
- 3 Sustainable Pennsylvania Breweries Powered by Eco‐Friendly Efforts
- 4 Things You Need to Know About the Craft Brewers Conference Hitting Philly Next Week
- U.S. Senator Pat Toomey Visits BOP Member & Discusses the Craft Beverage Modernization and Tax Reform Act
- BOP Launches Road Trip Tasting Excursion for Summer Beers
- How Brewers Associations Lead the Way for the Craft Beer Industry
- BOP Response to PA Governor & PLCB “Freeing the Six Pack”
- Brewers Associations Facilitate the Restoration of Historical Monument
- 5 Essentials for Effective Craft Brewery Marketing
- Do You Know About House Bill 1690?
- Brewers of Pennsylvania Applauds State’s Malt Beverage Tax Credit
- Brewers of PA Announce Inaugural Brew PA Craft Brewers Festival
- Grilling with Pennsylvania Craft Beer (Recipes Included!)
- John Stemler of Free Will on Sours, Coolships & Community
- Brewers of Pennsylvania Launch Brewer for the Day Program To Host State Legislators
- Top 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Craft Beer
- Jason Lavery of Lavery Brewing Company on Staying Small and Local
- RAMP Under Act 39 of 2016: Who is Required to Complete Server/Seller Training
- 10 Great Pennsylvania Beers for Tailgating
- Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board Announces First License Auction
- Sandy Cindrich of Penn Brewery on Honoring Tradition While Making Progress
- State Representative Kurt Masser Becomes Brewer for a Day
- State Senator Sean Wiley Becomes Brewer for a Day
- When the TTB says NO but the PLCB says YES: When do you need a COLA for off-premises growler sales?
- Fund Us! Great Ideas from the Pennsylvania Beer Community
- Brewers of Pennsylvania Launch Fourth Successful Brewer For A Day Event
- Tim Patton of Saint Benjamin Brewing Company on History, Philly’s Water and Growth
- Has Pennsylvania’s New Liquor Legislation Made Brew Pub Licenses Obsolete?
- Matt Gouwens of Hop Farm Brewing Company on Sourcing Local in Pittsburgh
- Great Beer Deserves the Right Glassware: Find Out Why!