Comprised of ambitious entrepreneurs and legacy manufacturers, our seemingly disparate group was galvanized by ill-conceived legislation in 2010 that would have undermined our access to market and, therefore, threatened our very existence.
A Senate Law & Justice Committee hearing regarding the proposed legislation on January 26, 2010 found Yuengling and The Lion Brewery, the remaining members of the Pennsylvania Brewers Association, coordinated with Appalachian, Troegs and Victory, all members of the PA Brewer’s Guild formed in 1996, in providing insight and testimony to the Senators.
December 2010 found just over a dozen Pennsylvania breweries convening at Victory Brewing Company for meetings that would mark the foundation of Brewers Of Pennsylvania.
In the service of Pennsylvania consumers and the brewing industry, Brewers Of Pennsylvania members have provided testimony for two PA House Liquor Control Committee hearings as well as the Senate Law & Justice Committee hearing previously mentioned, in the organization’s short existence.
- Brewers of Pennsylvania Announce 2012 Board of Directors
- Victory Brewing Company Merits 2014 Sustainable Agriculture Business Leadership Award
- BOP Hosts 1st Annual “Meeting of the Malts” Featuring Three Legendary American Brewers
- Brewers of PA Launch Enthusiast Membership Program
- Oktoberfest Presented by Yuengling Adds New Brewers’ Village & Beer Tastings
- Pennsylvania Scores a “Brewers Dozen + 2” at Great American Beer Festival
- Meeting of the Malts III: The Pittsburgh Brewers Summit
- Brewers of Pennsylvania Announces 2015 Board of Directors
- BOP Response to PLCB Legal Advisory Opinion
- BOP Launches Mobile Beer Trail App
- Google Street View Photographers Partner With Brewers of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Eight Are Great @ GABF 2015
- BOP to Host First-Ever Brewers Symposium
- BOP Board of Directors Welcomes Two New Members
- 5 Craft Beer Trends to Look for in 2016
- 5 Statewide Breweries Sourcing Local in Support of a Truly Sustainable Pint
- 3 Recent Legislative Leeways That Pennsylvania Brewers Should Know About
- Five Steps to Protect Craft Beer and Spirits from False Advertising Claims
- Dick Yuengling, Jim Koch & Ken Grossman Headline Meeting of the Malts V
- Pennsylvania Craft Brewing: How We’re Thriving and Continuing to Grow
- Why You Can’t Miss Meeting of the Malts V
- 7 New Pennsylvania Breweries You Need to Know
- Alternatives to Hops
- Meeting of the Malts V – Cheers to a Record Turnout
- 3 Sustainable Pennsylvania Breweries Powered by Eco‐Friendly Efforts
- 4 Things You Need to Know About the Craft Brewers Conference Hitting Philly Next Week
- U.S. Senator Pat Toomey Visits BOP Member & Discusses the Craft Beverage Modernization and Tax Reform Act
- BOP Launches Road Trip Tasting Excursion for Summer Beers
- How Brewers Associations Lead the Way for the Craft Beer Industry
- BOP Response to PA Governor & PLCB “Freeing the Six Pack”
- Brewers Associations Facilitate the Restoration of Historical Monument
- 5 Essentials for Effective Craft Brewery Marketing
- Do You Know About House Bill 1690?