LATE SUMMER / EARLY FALL 2016
MAKE TIME, ATTEND & PARTICIPATE.
This is YOUR livelihood.
Either late Summer or early Fall (date will be sent in near future), the BOP is having our 5th Annual Brewers Day on the Hill in Harrisburg PA. Lawmakers need to hear from you about issues that impact your business. “All politics is local” is a well-known phrase coined by former U.S. Speaker of the House Tip O’Neill, encapsulating the principle that a politician’s success is directly tied to his or her ability to understand and influence the issues affecting constituents.
- 10:00 am Arrive in Harrisburg
- 10:30 am to 11:30 am Legislative Briefing @ Winter Group
- 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm Various meetings w/ Representatives, Senators, Administration and key staff.
- 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Re-group / Debriefing
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm Prep for Pouring
- 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm “Suds with the House & Senate” where brewers host legislators for beer sampling and BBQ in the Capitol Rotunda
WHAT WE NEED:
- YOU, Brewers to commit and attend the event.
- Once we have list of committed attendees, The Winter Group will set up the meetings with the appropriate elected officials.
- Brewers to provide beer. This will be used for the Rally in the Rotunda.
- Beer can be dropped at the Winter Group office during any business day.
- Rally in the Rotunda will need brewers to set up tables & pour during Rally.
- Brewers will need coolers & promo materials they wish to distribute.
- Rally is attended by approximately 200 elected officials, key staff, etc.
- Please email BrewersofPA@gmail.com or call 804.876.BEER (2337) if you are able to participate.