HARRISBURG, PA – The Brewers of Pennsylvania elected its 2012 Board of Directors at its annual meeting held on January 31, at the Hershey Lodge in Hershey, PA. The Board, and the association, is comprised of Pa.-based breweries of all sizes, including America’s two largest independent breweries and many newly formed brewpubs and breweries. The Brewers of Pennsylvania’s mission is to responsibly serve the needs of the diverse beer drinking audience found in Pa.; and to empower Pa.-based brewers to join together to support and protect their common and individual interests.
In order to pursue that mission, the following individuals were elected to the Board of Directors on January 31:
- President – Mr. Bill Covaleski, President and Brewmaster of
Victory Brewing Company in Downingtown, Pa.
- Vice President – Ms. Michelle Sullivan, Director of Corporate and External Relations of Sam Adams in Breinigsville, Pa.
- Treasurer – Mr. Dave Casinelli, COO of Yuengling Brewery in Pottsville, Pa.
- Secretary – Mr. Damien Malfara, Founder, President and Head Brewer of Old Forge Brewing Company in Danville, Pa.
- Mr. William Brock, CEO of Straub Beer in St. Mary’s, Pa.
- Mr. Sean Casey, Founder and President of Church Brew Works in Lawrenceville, Pa.
- Mr. Tom Kehoe, Founder and Brewmaster of Yards Brewing in Philadelphia, Pa.
- Mr. Artie Tafoya, Vice President of Sales and Customer Relations of Appalachian Brewing Company in Harrisburg, Pa.
- Mr. Chris Trogner, Co-Founder of Troegs Brewing Company in Hershey, Pa.
At the annual meeting, the Brewers of Pennsylvania also introduced newly hired Executive Director, Dan LaBert, to oversee the day-to-day operations of the association. LaBert is an accomplished nonprofit executive, whose experience spans education, media, government and legal sectors. For the past 12 years he served in director-level positions, including roles as executive director for both local and nationwide nonprofit organizations.
Currently the association is focusing great effort on the successful execution of the Second Annual PA Flavor event to be held on Saturday, April 28th at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg. This ultimate food and beer tasting experience leverages the products and services of Pennsylvania breweries and PA Preferred restaurants and food vendors as well as the Pennsylvania Restaurant Association and American Culinary Federation.
About the Brewers of Pennsylvania
The Brewers of Pennsylvania is a 501c6 trade association that brings together leaders of Pa.-based breweries in order to promote and protect the brewing industry in the state. Established in 2011, the Brewers of Pennsylvania serves the consuming public of Pa. by encouraging brand diversity in the market.